Inaugurated in September 2015, the new Ivoz-Ramet lock is 225 metres long, 5 metres wide and has a capacity of 9,000 tonnes.
Previously, there was a dam and two locks on the site but they were no longer able to cater for the increasing density of traffic: a 136 x 16 lock that had been renovated and a smaller lock of 55.5 x 7.5 metres which was out of service and was demolished.
The works, started in May 2011, also allowed the following :
- The fitting of outer ports
- The installation of a new control station
- The construction of a mobile bridge
- The integration of a screw turbine aimed at compensating for the site’s electrical consumption
- The creation of a fish ladder to allow aquatic fauna to cross the dam
Start of civil engineering and electromechanical works
Commissioning of new lock
Almost 10,1 million tonnes of goods passed through the Ivoz-Ramet lock in 2021