Inaugurated in September 2015, the new Ivoz-Ramet lock is 225 metres long, 5 metres wide and has a capacity of 9,000 tonnes.
Previously, there was a dam and two locks on the site but they were no longer able to cater for the increasing density of traffic: a 136 x 16 lock that had been renovated and a smaller lock of 55.5 x 7.5 metres which was out of service and was demolished.
The works, started in May 2011, also allowed the following :
- The fitting of outer ports
- The installation of a new control station
- The construction of a mobile bridge
- The integration of a screw turbine aimed at compensating for the site’s electrical consumption
- The creation of a fish ladder to allow aquatic fauna to cross the dam
Start of civil engineering and electromechanical works
Commissioning of new lock