SOFICO's initial mission was to complete the large infrastructures indicated on the maps of the Trans-European road and waterway network as "missing links".
To date, five large infrastructures have been completed :
- The E25-E40 motorway link – finished in 2000
- The E429/A8 motorway between Ghislenghien and Hacquegnies – finished in 2000
- The Canal du Centre and the Strepy-Thieu boat lift – finished in 2002
- The 4th lock of Lanaye – finished in 2015
- The new Ivoz-Ramet lock – finished in 2015