SOFICO's initial mission was to complete the large infrastructures indicated on the maps of the Trans-European road and waterway network as "missing links".
To date, six large infrastructures have been completed :
- The E25-E40/A602 motorway link – finished in 2000
- The E429/A8 motorway between Ghislenghien and Hacquegnies – finished in 2000
- The Canal du Centre and the Strepy-Thieu boat lift – finished in 2002
- The 4th lock of Lanaye – finished in 2015
- The new Ivoz-Ramet lock – finished in 2015
- The Couvin motorway bypass – finished in 2021
Another infrastructure is underway :
- The new Ampsin-Neuville lock – the works started in August 2018 and are to be completed in 2023.